Dementia Direct and Carers’ Support Services are available to provide wrap around support for people living with Dementia / memory problems, Carers and family members.
Support for people living with Dementia
It is important that you are aware of the support available to you, via Dementia Direct and other local services.
Dementia Direct can support you by:
- Providing one-to-one support over the phone, online or face-to-face with a trained Carer Key Worker or Dementia Adviser
- Focussing on wellbeing rather than illness
- Supporting you to think about how you can come to terms with and live well with dementia
- Assisting you with the health and social care support available to people with a diagnosed dementia, their family and Carers
- Offering advice and workshops on planning for the future
- Facilitating local support groups across North Lincolnshire
- Signposting to appropriate support as your condition progresses
We aim to make sure the support we provide is individual to you.
The home of Dementia Direct, the Carers’ Support Service, is a trusted and respected charity. We have been supporting Carers of people with Dementia since 1989. Now it’s time for us to join you on your journey.
Support for Carers and Family
Dementia Direct enables Carers and family to access support via the Carers’ Support Service. There is a wide range of support available. Visit the support page of the Carers’ Support Service to find out more about the support available.
Dementia Direct provides more specialist support relating specifically to supporting someone with Dementia or memory problems. Support includes:
- Understanding Dementia Workshops that give you knowledge and understanding of Dementia, helping you to cope with and manage your caring role.
- Training, including stress and anxiety management, falls awareness, legal matters (including LPA), planning for the future, coping with change, looking after yourself and more
- Activities, such as yoga, gong bath, craft activities and more, that all aim to give you a break from your caring role
- Peer support groups that give you the opportunity to meet other Carers and support one another.
- Emotional support via our counselling service. Perfect for any Carer dealing with difficult emotions.
- Support through crisis via our Key Worker service. A key worker will be with you through challenging times, providing you with practical information, advice and support, helping you communicate with other services and signposting you to any other services you may find useful.
We have been supporting Carers of people living with Dementia since 1989. The support we provide is trusted and confidential. We are here when you need us, throughout your caring journey.
The Carers’ Support Centre
Registered Charity Number: 1070028
Company Limited by Guarantee.
Registration number: 3540988
Carers’ Support Centre – Registered Office
Jessie Wilcox House
11 Redcombe Lane
Telephone Main Office: 01652 650 585
Carers’ Support Service
The Old Waterworks Offices
1 Town Hall Square
North East Lincolnshire
Telephone: 01472 242 277