Hospital admission can be difficult for both you and the person you care for. You may have questions and feel uncertain about the way forward.
We understanding hospital processes, including discharge and care planning. We can help you navigate a stay in hospital, whether it is you (the Carer) being admitted, or the person you care for.
We can help with information, advice, practical or emotional support, as well as liaise with hospital staff if you have any queries about treatment, or around discharge arrangements.
Get in touch with the Carers’ Support Service on 01652 650585 if you feel you need our support. You can also ask a member of ward staff (usually the Care Navigator) to make a referral to the Carers’ Support Service on your behalf.
The Carers Hospital Lanyard in a new tool that is supporting the Hospital to identify Carers and involve Carers in the care of patients.
How do I access the Lanyard?
- If the person you care for is admitted to a ward, ask a member of staff about the lanyard.
- The patient (person you care for) should be asked if they want you to be kept informed about their health and treatment if they are able to give consent. If they can’t give consent, the hospital will make a best interest decision. If a patient needs your support when they leave hospital, it is in their best interest that you are involved.
- You will agree with the ward what support (if you choose to provide any) you will provide to the patient during their stay.
- Your details as the patients Carer will be recorded on their hospital record, to ensure all staff involved in their care know to involve you.
- You will sign an agreement, that ensures you are aware of what to expect and your responsibilities.
The Lanyard enables you to stay with the patient, outside of normal visiting hours.
- Increasing the number of Carers being identified and supported
- Ensuring Carers are involved in discharge and care planning
- Improving support for patients
- Ensuring Carers are recognised and involved as expert care partners
- Enabling hospital staff to provide support to those most in need
A Network Partner