Due to the challenges and unpredictability of caring for someone, many carers are missing out on the benefits of that going online can bring. The pandemic has shown that you can do almost anything online.
Let our digital tutors help you on a one to one basis to give you the confidence you need to open up a new and safe online world. Call us now for more information about our digital tuition.
What are the benefits of digital support?
Many carers may not be aware of how much the internet could help them with:
- Research: Carers can find both general information online, and information specific to their caring situation.
- Saving time: By accessing government services and online banking online, individuals can save time and unnecessary trips out.
- Saving money: Carers can receive discounts for paying for things online, and save money by using price comparison sites.
- Making life more convenient: For carers who find it hard to leave the house, online activities such as shopping, banking and booking appointments online mean they can get things done without leaving the house.
- Entertainment: Carers can find entertainment online, for themselves and those they care for through games, film, music, eBooks and more.
- Managing health: The internet provides easy access to health and fitness websites, apps and tools, such as NHS Choices.
- Social contact: Carers can keep in touch with friends and family through social networking sites, Zoom and Skype.
- Peer support: Carers can communicate with people in a similar situation to themselves through platforms such as Facebook groups and online forums.
The Carers’ Support Centre
Registered Charity Number: 1070028
Company Limited by Guarantee.
Registration number: 3540988
Carers’ Support Centre – Registered Office
Jessie Wilcox House
11 Redcombe Lane
Telephone Main Office: 01652 650 585
Carers’ Support Service
The Old Waterworks Offices
1 Town Hall Square
North East Lincolnshire
Telephone: 01472 242 277